
It is advisable to take a plane to Langkawi from KLIA. It is more economical and time saving. When I reached the Langkawi International Airport there is quite alot of car rental company. It is quite reasonable if you get to Langkawi during the off seasons (i.e. not during the school holidays). Make sure you get to the neareast petrol station before you drive the car. You can find a petrol station very near to the airport. when you get out of the car park go 12 o'clock. you will find a Petronas station near by. Most of the retal cars do not have petrol.
After you have filled the tank, you can go for swim. I like the Burau Bay beach. It is consider as clean and not too many development. The Chenang beach is badly organised, you can't see the beach from the road. All the nice landscape has been blocked by the stupid shops and hotels. What a waste. The authorities is stupid I guess. This is what happen an Island given to a donkey to manage.